If you are thinking about getting divorced, have already decided that you want to file for divorce, were recently served with a complaint for divorce by your spouse, or were previously divorced and have a post-divorce issue relating to your children or ex-spouse, the most effective way to ensure that you understand your options and are making an informed decision that is in your best interest (and the best interest of your children, if you have children) is by speaking with an experienced Morristown family law attorney who can answer your questions and provide you with helpful legal guidance on how to move forward. Contact Graves Andrews, LLC today to learn more about how we can assist you through your family law matter.
Morristown Family Law Attorney | Guiding Families Through Life’s Challenging Times
We are experienced in all areas of matrimonial and family law, including the negotiation of settlement agreements, custody, parenting time issues, child support and college expenses, alimony, equitable distribution of marital property, enforcement and modification of divorce judgments and agreements, domestic violence, and relocation with children. If you are facing any family law matter, you can depend on us to effectively handle it.
Our Legal Services
You can rely on an experienced Morristown family law attorney here at Graves Andrews, LLC to guide you through a wide array of family law matters, including the following:
- Divorce: Divorce is often complex, and if you and your spouse are in a contested divorce because you cannot agree on the terms of your divorce, you most likely have a lot on the line. Our firm is ready to help you through every step of the process ahead.
- Alimony: Alimony is a critical divorce issue, as oftentimes, receiving alimony from the financially independent spouse is the only way the financially dependent spouse can retain his or her standard of living. Unfortunately, alimony is also among the most hotly-contested divorce-related issues, which is why no matter which side you are on, you need an experienced Morristown family law attorney on your side.
- Child Custody: No parent wants to imagine not being able to play an equal role in their child’s life, which is why if you are a divorcing parent, you mustn’t go through the divorce process on your own. Our legal team can fight for the child custody agreement that best benefits your child.
- Child Relocation: If you are looking to move away with your child in the months or years after a divorce, depending on the length of the move, you may require permission from either the child’s other parent or from NJ courts. If the child’s other parent opposes the move, you will need an attorney who can prove that allowing the move would be in the child’s best interests.
- Child Support: Child support plays a significant role in ensuring that a child is sufficiently cared for after parents get divorced. If you receive custody of your child and you require financial assistance to help raise your child, our firm can fight for the child support arrangement that you and your child need.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence is abhorrent, though unfortunately, it is something that still permeates our society. If you are a victim of domestic violence, our firm can help you obtain the restraining order you need to keep you and your family safe.
- High Net Worth Divorce: High net spouses have even more on the line than those with fewer assets, which is why if you are in a high net worth divorce, you cannot afford to hire just any attorney to fight for what is rightfully yours; you need an aggressive Morristown family law attorney on your side.
- Parenting Time: When one spouse is denied child custody, he or she may still be entitled to parenting time or visitation, wherein they can have scheduled supervised or unsupervised meetings with their children. This allows both parents and their children to still play a role in each other’s lives, despite a child custody agreement that gives the other parent primary custody.
- Post-Judgment Modifications: After a divorce is finalized, it is not uncommon for things to change. When this happens, such as if one spouse remarries, it may call for a modification to certain terms of their initial divorce agreement. Our firm can help you obtain the post-judgment modification you truly need.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements are extremely valuable documents that couples can draft prior to marriage. These agreements can help protect assets, among other things, from a potential future divorce.
- Property Distribution: As you may know, when couples get divorced and cannot agree on their divorce terms, their assets are often subject to equitable distribution. Our firm can help you fight for your hard-earned assets, from start to finish.
- Uncontested Divorce: Even when couples can agree on the terms of their divorce at the start, it is not uncommon for an uncontested divorce to quickly turn contested. This is why it is so critical that you hire a knowledgeable Morristown family law attorney regardless of whether you are in a contested or an uncontested divorce.
Contact a Morristown Family Law Attorney
No matter where you are in the process or the legal issue at hand, you can depend on our firm to fight for the best outcome possible on your behalf. We offer free initial consultations, wherein you will have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have regarding your family law issue. Our firm will provide you with an honest and straightforward legal assessment of your case so that you may move forward in a practical, cost-efficient way that will protect your rights and best interests. Contact Graves Andrews, LLC today so we can get started.