There is nothing more important to a parent than being a part of his or her child’s life, however, when one parent is granted sole custody of a child, the other parent often wishes to remain a part of their life in some way. Fortunately, in many cases, with the help of a knowledgeable Morristown parenting time lawyer, they can. Continue reading and contact Graves Andrews, LLC to learn more about how parenting time works in New Jersey and how our firm can help.

Should I Hire a Morristown Parenting Time Lawyer?

When one spouse is awarded sole custody, it is often because the other spouse has, in the eyes of the court, proven him or herself to be parentally unfit, or otherwise incapable of raising a child at the present time. Unfortunately, this can have a significant impact on both the child and the parent, and oftentimes, it is in the child’s best interests to at least have periods of visitation with their other parent so they can still play a role in their child’s life. Our Morristown parenting time lawyer can work to ensure that you receive the parenting time you and your child need to maintain the strength of the bond you have with one another.

Visitation Orders

In many cases, noncustodial parents, siblings, and grandparents who wish to see the custodial parent’s child will have to obtain something known as a visitation order from the court. Our firm can draft and submit an application for visitation with the court. As long as the application is approved, the court should pass down and legally recognize the order for visitation. Visitation can either be supervised or unsupervised, depending on the circumstances of your situation.


If you are a parent who has had parenting time all along, though you are looking to become an even bigger part of your child’s life, you may request a modification to your child custody agreement. As long as you can prove that you are capable of being the parent your child needs and that it would be in your child’s best interest, you may receive a child custody modification. Our Morristown family law attorney is here to help.

Contact a Morristown Parenting Time Lawyer

We know how important your child is to you, which is why we will do everything in our power to help secure the parenting time you and your child need to uphold the bond between you. Contact Graves Andrews, LLC today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.